GREETINGS & HAPPY 47TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY PNG!
PNG colours flew proudly in our Independence celebrations last week!
This will be a brief letter to notify you of what is remaining for this term. So much has happened this term with many pauses and
holidays, but this did not disrupt any assigned tasks. The school remained committed to serving the children the best way possible
regardless! Next Friday, 30th September, we come together to end the term in the usual Bava Tradition – the End of Term Concert!
Find below details of what must be noted for the rest of the term.
TERM 3 NEWS UPDATES
1. END OF TERM:
Friday 30 September.
2. END OF TERM CONCERT:
Will also fall on this same day.
• As usual, the arrival time for students is no later than 8 am.
• Costumes/Scripts for your child; ensure to check with class teachers and read your child’s daily take-home book.
• If you wish your child to share lunch, please send a plate to share.
• Be seated by 9.30 am for 10 am starts.
• Home time for all after the concert. *No child minding, please!
• Ensure your child does not leave any belongings behind.
3. TERM TESTS:
have been completed with reports but these are not handed out until end of next term.
• To include the Term 4 summation of all the 3 preceding terms to form the full annual year Report.
• If you wish to address any concerns for your child, kindly connect with his/her class teacher!
• You may then arrange a Parent-Teacher Interview for any concerns about your child.
• Interviews can be scheduled during the one week break after the term has ended. Kindly book with Mrs Tione.
4. SCHOOL FEES:
Any outstanding fees, please kindly settle.
5. SCHOOL LEAVERS FORM:
Anyone is leaving to a new school next year, this is the time to arrange for your transfer.
*See Mrs Tione for guidance and help!
6. SWIMMING PROGRAM:
Ensure your child brings swim wear and a towel. Without them he/she won’t be allowed. The last swimming lesson will be held next week.
7. 2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
A form will be handed out for students to fill whether or not you are coming back or not.
This is the time to do so!
8. PLAYSCHOOL CLASS – MS MATUI & MS RUTERA:
Hello parents, and welcome to our playschool class. The children covered all our topics and now preparing for our term 3 concerts. Our assessments and reports are also done. The children are practicing and excited. They look forward to presenting their items for their lovely parents to enjoy.
• White shirt
• Girls – black leggings
• Boys – black shorts
Ms Matui and Ms Rutera – Class Teacher & Assistant
9. PRESCHOOL – MS HEAGI & MR PAUL:
Hello from the Preschool class. In week 8 and week 9, we have been doing revision work. All students are doing well in their indoor and outdoor activities.
Reminder for Preschool parents
• Concert costumes: Blue T-shirt and Black trousers/leggings.
• Concert Script: please continue to help your child at home.
• Please bring your child’s concert costumes on Monday
26th September 2022.
Ms Heagi & Mr Paul – Class Teacher & Assistant
10. PREP & GRADE 1 CLASS – MRS MEA:
Prep and Grade 1 classes are excited and looking forward to our end-of-term concert.
Just a few reminders for the parents/guardians
• Concert scripts – practice with your child at home.
• Concert uniform – plain yellow shirt and black trousers/ leggings for the girls.
• Attendance – Please bring your child to school for the remaining days.
Thank you and see you on the concert day.
Mrs Mea – Class Teacher
Interviews shall be conducted over the holidays. Call the school office for more information.
Mr Mea – Class Teacher
Each class created lovely Father’s Day cards to take home!
Crafting bright yellow suns to brighten up our classroom
11. UPPER GRADES CLASS – MR MEA:
Some highlights and news from our classes.
Term 3 Assessments and Reports
All assessments for this term are completed, and reports are now compiled.
End of Term Concert
I have written in your child’s Home-link book regarding this. Please ensure your child practices at home.
• 1 x red round neck shirt
• 1 x black shorts (boys) leggings (girls)
• 1 x pair of white socks
• Costume for National Leaders
Thank you all.
Ms Rutera – Library Teacher
12. LIBRARY CORNER – MS RUTERA:
I am pleased to share with you our library stories. It has been fun learning about communication and technology with
exciting books about different types of transport. For example, bus, airplane, boat, etc. Children also learned about different traditions during PNGs 47th Independence on clothes and languages with drawing and colouring activities. Library borrowing has stopped as of 20/9/22, so please return any books that belong to the school so I can record them as returned.
13. FRONT DESK – MRS TIONE:
Hi everyone, welcome back.
This term has been challenging and affected mainly by the PNG NGE throughout the country. Thank God that we are all safe from any sad situations. Great to have our children back to school and in their respective classes. Homework was also given out during this time. Thank you to those parents who made it possible to pick up your child’s homework. Special thanks to all parents who paid their children’s school fees. God bless.
Have a blessed day.
Mrs Tione – Registrar
A practical maths lesson on Division using blocks and hoops
We make eating healthy look cool - enjoying our fruit kebabs
The final words from me are to take care of yourselves. There seem to be some continuing street concerns, so be good, caring neighbours and watch out for each other! Due to the continuing protection of safe, healthy habits for everyone’s benefit, we are asking two things of you for the end of the term concert next Friday. Firstly, if only 1 parent/guardian per child can come to the concert. Secondly, we would appreciate if you also can come prepared with some mask protection. Thanks in advance. Please drop
the children off at normal school time by 8am to get them settled, before you arrive at the scene by 9:45 am at the latest to start!
Until then enjoy reading our stories and we shall meet at the school before and after the End of the Term Concert!
Thank you and a belated happy independence 47th Anniversary to PNG and all its beautiful people far and near!