SEASONAL GREETINGS TO ALL AND WELCOME BACK!
Wonderful and weird costumes were enjoyed on Halloween!
It is now approaching the end of the academic year and we have much to do and share. I am happy to announce that despite shortcomings, the school has achieved the outcomes it has set out to do this year! Of course, this would not have been possible without the support and trust given by our parents and guardians. To this, I thank you all and we are so grateful for your continuing support.
Please do find the time and take special note of what is to follow in this Newsletter. Announcements and matters of importance for your interest and your children are outlined. There must not be any excuses because we will be very specific with each item. Put these events in your journals/diaries to remind you so you do not miss out on any details. Please do not disappoint your children as they have worked so hard this year! Let us get started.
1. TERM 4 ENDS: ON FRIDAY DECEMBER 1:
- All Tests and assessments are to be completed next week for all academic/annual reports are to be completed by week 8.
- Annual Reports and School Leaver’s Certificates, awards and prizes will also take place at this annual event on the same day (Friday December 1.)
- The Annual End of Year Event with Academic Concert will be on the same day!
- A Shared farewell luncheon will be held. If each child can contribute a dish that would be much appreciated!
- Library Books – all books to be returned by Friday November 10. No later than Wednesday 15th, please.
- Check your children’s notes they have from their class teachers regarding homework, the Christmas Party on Friday 24/11, costumes and scripts for the Annual Concert on Friday, December 1.
- Monday 20 Nov is “International Children’s Day!” We will celebrate it together with the Christmas Party on 24 Nov.
- Take note that Friday 24 November we will be holding a Christmas Party for the children only. This is separate from the Annual Academic Concert/Presentation/Reports etc.
2.OUTSTANDING SCHOOL FEES:
MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL BY FRIDAY 24 NOVEMBER! NO REPORTS/
CERTIFICATES/AWARDS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THOSE STUDENTS STILL OWING. *CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK AT SCHOOL. THANK YOU.
3.2024 SCHOOL YEAR PREPARATIONS:
- Enrolment is now open including acceptance to the public.
- Enrol your child now to secure a space for them in 2024.
- Forms are now available at the office. You can also download them from the school website: www.bavaschool.com
- Special discounts are now available but only with limited time expiry dates.
- Take advantage of them if you wish to save a bit! (*Early Bird fees are available with a 10% discount until 31 December – check it out!)
4.2024 ACADEMIC YEAR STARTS – JANUARY 29 2024:
Specific details will be announced before and during the annual concert event! Please visit the school website for more information: www.bavaschool.com.
5SCHOOL LEAVER FORMS:
Kindly return forms by the end of next week and to secure your child’s space, the registration fee of K300 must be paid. Those leaving must fill out this same form and return it by next week to prepare the necessary paperwork. Help us to help you.
The spooky skeleton gang on Halloween… BOO!
Some of the Halloween trick or treat baskets that students made
6. TRANSPORT POLICY:
All students using this service must be officially registered by filling in the form to protect us all. No Form Filled means students will be denied access. Transport is also to be paid in advance like the School Fees.
7. LATE FEES:
a number of students going home late as well as coming in late is not very helpful. Please help yourselves to help your child for us to serve you better
8. CANTEEN MEALS:
a menu is provided weekly for your convenience to pre-order. Please find more information near the front desk at the school entrance.
9. SCHOOL MAINTENANCE 2024:
we are looking forward to next year and hope to refresh the school environment.
Nothing happens without support and good planning ahead. Now let me take you inside your child’s classroom to read
about your lovely children!
10. PLAYSCHOOL CLASS – MS ILAITIA & MS KOINDUO:
Hello from us! The Playschool children are doing well. They have covered all the topics required on Jolly Phonics, Maths, Science, and Social Studies.
The children are now familiar with Volumes 1-3 and can now identify their sounds, and the names of the sounds. Children can say their short stories for the sounds in Volumes 1 and 2. Children can also sound and blend 3 letter words sat, sit, mat, cat pin, and pan. Children can also say their alphabet with their pictures.
A highlight of Playschool class is that the children can spell their name names! Little ones like Erina, Paita, Micaiah, Aedan, Pearly, and Chantelle can spell their names. The other little ones like Maurice, Juliet, Kendalyn, Jnr John, Johnson, Tyran, and Bradley can spell their names confidently too! Well done!
The children covered topics like numbers 0-10, shapes, and colours. *Revision topics on Time telling, plus (+) and takeaway
The Play schoolers have covered all our topics on Science, Social Studies, and Health.
This week our assessments and reports will begin. The play schoolers have started practicing this week for their concert items. Scripts will be given to help practice with your child at home. Please help them practice. THANK YOU.
- Secret Friends gift – Please kindly buy a gift for your child’s secret friend and bring it to the school next week and please do not show it to him/her yet!
- Food Hamper – We are requesting Dry Goods for the Christmas Food Hamper!
- Concert Costume – Green shirt and black trousers and leggings.
Please if you can bring these items by next week (7).
Ms Ilaitia & Ms Koinduo – Class Teachers
Students dressed up as “book characters” during Halloween
A lesson on “manners” - students filled out words for good manners
11. PRESCHOOL – MS HEAGI & MR PAUL:
Hello everyone from the Preschool class.
The Preschoolers are having lots of indoor and outdoor activities here at school. This is week 6 now and we have covered all our topics and are now doing revision work. The students have been given scripts to practice at home so please do assist your child.
We are still assessing your child so please he/she must cometo school daily.* All school fees must be paid for all these reports should be finalised for handing out!
- Gift Exchange – Secret friend’s gift. Please, parents, start bringing your child’s secret friends gifts. The gift exchange will be given out at our School Christmas Party on Friday 24th November 2023. Not long now!
- Concert Costumes – Red Shirt and Black trousers/leggings. Due Date Friday 17 November 2023
- End of the Year School Concert – Friday 1 December 2023.
Thank you and blessings.
Ms Heagi & Mr Paul – Class Teacher & Assistant
12. PREP & GRADE 1 CLASS – MRS MEA:
Hello Bava family!
We are glad to share a few updates on our class with you as we approach the end of the year.
Our class has accomplished the following tasks.
- Termly Assessments/Tests
- Daily/Weekly lessons and Activities
- Report writing in progress.
- We are now preparing ourselves for the two main special Events in week 8: The Christmas School Party concert and the Week 9 Academic Concert and Awards presentation.
- Costumes – White shirt and black trousers and leggings.
- Food Hamper – each child is to bring one dry good item.
- Raffle tickets – Return the ticket butts and money once sold.
- Gift Exchange – Each child will participate in the gift exchange.
Thank you and I hope you will be able to support the school and your child with all the requests to make our special events a success. We appreciate your support.
Mrs Mea – Class Teacher
12. UPPER GRADES CLASS – MR MEA:
Welcome once again to our class news. Let us thank our Heavenly Father for his blessings and guidance in our lives.
The students had a wonderful time learning with Mrs Mea during the past 3 weeks while I was away studying at the Divine Word University. Each of them shared their own interesting experiences.
We did some revisions this week as well as tests with 2 takehome tasks: a “Book review” and a “Personal Profile Form” for the weekend.
English: Reading narratives and learning how to write book reviews.
Grades class in a maths lesson involving operations
Science lessons: Painting the body & a maths lesson on weighing volumes
Maths: Using data collected (weight/height), we did our Graphing.
Science: Revisions and Test.
Health: Personal Identity and Profiles.
Social Studies: Learning about Global Issues such as Climate change, Wars, bushfires, etc…
Assessments: All Assessments should be completed by next week. I will then concentrate on the Reports and prepare for our Christmas and end-of-term Concerts.
Food Hamper/raffle tickets: Food items can be brought in during the week so I can mark off their names. I have given
out our tickets already for sale to each student/family.
Secret Friends: **Any gifts for this program can be labeled and brought in for keeping.
Lastly, we are all preparing for the last events before the year ends, so I am asking for your generous support and kind assistance.
Until next time,
Mr Mea – Class Teacher
14. LIBRARY CORNER – MS RUTERA:
Hello everyone, it has been an exciting term as we come towards the closing of the year!
I am glad to say most of our students who had been borrowing books have progressed wonderfully. Some new students who started borrowing lately have shown good habits of reading and have started an effort to borrow and read at home. Thank you very much for your efforts. Borrowing ends this week. Everyone is asked to return the library books to the school by Friday.
Librarian – Ms Rutera
15.REGISTRAR – MRS TIONE::
We have only 3 weeks remaining before we close the year 2023 and our children are very excited.
- Return Forms – Please kindly submit your form by returning it to the school office this week.
- School Fees must be paid in full before you collect your child’s Report card.
- There are reports of bullying in some classes. Parents of those children involved will be alerted for interviews.
- **No children will be allowed inside the classrooms with outstanding school fees and they will be physically asked to go home after FRIDAY 10 NOVEMBER if still unpaid!
- Transfer certificates also will not be issued to students with outstanding fees. As well as graduating Certificates!
- Enrolments for 2024 are open now, Register with K300 (Non Refundable Fee) to secure your child’s space. We are now getting new students so better be quick.
- The Enrolment Form is ready on the school website or you can ask for one from the school office.
- School Fees for 2024 are out now on the school website.
- Early Bird Fees are available and will end on the 31st of December 2023. So take advantage of this promotion now!
- A 5% school fee discount also applies for those paying school fees in full from 1 January to 29 January 2024.
- Term Instalment payment is also available. Due dates are mentioned so pay before your child is allowed into class.
- FOR SPECIFIC DETAILS SEE MRS TIONE OR VISIT THE SCHOOL WEBSITE: www.bavaschool.com
- Raffle tickets are on sale for K2. Should you wish to buy please ask your child’s class Teacher. Each child has been given one so please do check with them. There will be Food Hampers for prizes so don’t miss out.
Mrs Tione – Registrar
I do hope you were able to find the time and space to give your children the centre of your attention to read about them and are happy to share it with them after reading it. They are already excited about the events to follow in these several week’s time. For the first time, we are separating the Christmas Party from the main Annual Event.
Let us all make THEM VERY SPECIAL HAPPY EVENTS as their farewell gifts They worked hard to earn them. Help us to celebrate this academic year with a dazzling Farewell! Enjoy it all… Why Not?
I cannot wait to see you all again! Happy Reading and Safe and healthy living! Thank you everyone!